Here is information from Dr. Mehr about this week’s Art Walk and the downtown displays of Lee student artwork!
This Thursday, May 10th is the last Art Walk of the year! Join Dr. Mehr in front of Lee at 3:45 p.m. to walk to the Museum of Art and Archaeology.
Lee Art in Downtown Windows
Lee student artwork is displayed throughout the downtown! Below is the list of the businesses where each class’s artwork is displayed.
1. Ragtag Bushmann’s K/1 class: birds’ eye view
2. Peckham and Wright Third grade classes: batik; Poehlmann’s 2nd grade class: body sculptures
3. American Shoe 4th grade classes: dragonflies
4. Candy Factory Andre’s 2nd grade class: coins
5. Bluestem Markes’ 1st grade class: clay animals
6. Cyclextreme Gilbert’s 2nd grade class: Market Day
7. Broadway Brewery Markes’ 1st grade class: weather
8. Binghams Croom’s 5th grade class: still lifes
9. Get Lost Books Triplett’s 1st grade class: geometric buildings
10. Bleu Johnson’s 5th grade class: Revolutionary war prints
11. Gotcha Norris and Toalson’s 4th grade classes: scenery
12. Columbia Art League Kephart’s Kindergarten class: Blue Horses
13. Canvas Triplett’s 1st grade class: Eric Carle animals
14. Talulahs Adam’s 3rd grade class: garlic pictures
15. Velvet Cupcake Kephart’s Kindergarten class: cupcake collage
16. The District Office (Carrie Gartner) Kephart’s Kindergarten class: Collage Flowers
Markes and Bushmann’s classes also have geometric buildings on map bases in the MU Geography Department